Education | 教育
I am a TEFL-certified English instructor with over six years of experience teaching English in both Canada and Asia. From 2016-2019, I helped to develop and expand Peace Boat’s English and Spanish education program, with locations in Tokyo and on board Peace Boat’s iconic global voyages. Prior to this, I provided tailored English curriculum and instruction for clients such as Tokyo Metro, City-Yuwa Partners, the Shinjuku Fire Department, JINS Eyewear, and the Tokyo Metro Hospital network.
My multidisciplinary education helps me craft unique, practical and engaging lessons for a diverse clientele. I hold a master’s degree in design and certificates in both business and teaching from York University, and a bachelor’s degree with high honours in music theatre from Sheridan College. Throughout my teaching career, I have worked with corporations, small businesses, language schools, non-profits, and private academies to help their staff and students develop the language skills they need to succeed in their chosen fields – and experience the joy that comes with living in a new language.
I’m passionate about languages as both as a teacher and a student, and continue to study French (B2), Japanese (JLPT N4), Italian and Spanish.
General English | 日常英語
General English lessons cover all elements of English usage and are suitable for all students, from absolute beginners to advanced learners with specific goals.
• conversational English usage
• foundational grammar
• task-based lessons
• reading newspapers, magazines, and literature
• listening to/watching media
• English correspondence
• custom student-requested lessons (music, sports, hobbies, etc.)
Academic English| 学術英語
Academic English focuses on understanding post-secondary content such as academic journals, citation systems, and style guides.
• reading academic texts
• writing/correcting/editing assignments
• working with various style guides/citation systems
• understanding English academic media (audio/video)
• exam/test preparation
• reviewing past assignments, essays, and exams
• understanding essay structure and writing essays/papers
• writing program, grant, and scholarship applications
• reading and understanding academic curricula, rubrics, announcements, etc.
Business English | ビジネス英語
Business English focuses on industry-specific vocabulary, situational language, business texts and media, and drafting and reviewing professional documents.
• business vocabulary
• reading business texts
• business correspondence
• understanding business media (newspapers, television and radio news)
• situational business English
• global business culture
• writing business documents such as business plans, calls for proposals, grant applications and other documents
English for Young Children | 子供の英語
English for Young Children exposes children to English using games, songs, and simple activities designed to make learning English fun.
• English games and activities
• basic vocabulary and phrases
• English songs and chants
• English immersion field trips
TOEIC/IELST/Test Preparation | 能力試験の英語
TOEIC/IELST/Test Preparation focuses on the unique demands of standardized language tests and covers all elements of test preparation and material comprehension for the specified test.
• understanding the structure of the standard English-language tests
• intensive test preparation
• structured vocabulary explanations
• taking, grading, and reviewing practice tests
Homework Help | 英語の宿題のサポート
Homework Help offers English-language tutoring in any subject area.
• assisting with various English-language homework/assignments
• general guidance and instruction for optimal study/memorization habits